When it comes to tobacco and cigars, there tends to be a lot of misconceptions about them. Here are 10 fun facts you probably don’t already know about cigars.
1. Retired professional basketball player, Michael Jordan, smokes cigars.
2. Cigars probably did not originate in Cuba, but Guatemala.
3. People have been smoking cigars for over a thousand years! A Mayan pot that archaeologists date back to the 10th century shows a Mayan man smoking a cigar.
4. When Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492, the Native Peoples he encountered in the Americas smoked twisted rolls of tobacco leaves bundled in dried palm or corn husks.
5. Winston Churchill avidly smoked cigars.
6. Cigars are known to reduce stress, and some psychiatrists recommend them to patients for this reason.
7. Cigars supposedly help reduce risk for Parkinson’s disease.
8. Cigars dominate the Hollywood screen. Clint Eastwood smokes a cigar in “A Fistful of Dollars,” Arnold Schwarzenegger in “Predator,” and Tony Montana in “Scarface,” just to name a few.
10. Actors Bill Murray, Robert Downey Jr., Jack Nicholson, and Robert De Niro smoke cigars in their personal lives.
Not sure what to get dad this year for Father’s Day? Mix up your Father’s Day gift-giving routine with Custom Tobacco’s Father’s Day package deal. The package includes ten aficionado-grade premium cigars with a Father’s Day cigar band of your choice, a cigar cutter and a lighter: everything Dad needs to enjoy a one-of-a-kind luxury experience. Custom Tobacco is also offering cigar holding humidors for 50% off with this deal.
The post Tobacco and Cigars: 10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Already Know appeared first on Custom Tobacco.